Thursday, February 21, 2008

turning pages

One of the many applications I've added on my facebook page is the "visual bookshelf." I did so in part to shame myself into reading more. Well, not shame myself, but just put something out in public that will kinda publicize my small collection of reads. For those unfamiliar with the app it acts as a computerized version of a bookshelf, but has "shelves" for what you've read, what you want to read, and so on. You can see mine above.

So, is it a bad thing that I've gotten two emails asking if I'm still reading This Is Your Brain On Music? Eeks. I admit I've been working thru it slowly, but that's just kinda who I roll. These silly emails don't really get me to do much, I've been reading more regularly so far this year. It's tailed off a bit, in part due to travels and going to the gym, and video games, and making better use of my netflix.

But I probably should spend more time on reading and a little less on TV late at nite. Hmmm...anyone got any good recommendations?

No comments: