Monday, March 24, 2008

Awake.

Unsure why, I find myself restless tonite. Maybe it's due to the staying up 'til the wee hours of the morning the last two nites, doing nothing more than just vegetating [playing the new Hots Shots Golf game and/or watching whatever happens to be on TV].

Most nites I struggle to go to sleep. Oddly, it's not that I lie in bed tossing and turning [only rare occasions do i find that to be the case]. Instead I just find it hard to get into bed, to call it a nite, to put a close on the day. It's one of the small, everyday things I realize about "working life" that I'm not a huge fan of: having to get to bed at reasonable hours. I enjoy going to sleep when I feel like it's time to do so, as opposed to going to sleep because I need to for the next day [especially for work].

As the months of working continue to pass I realize other small things in a similar fashion. The first to come to mind is how on weekends and when I'm not at work I'm so comfortable in the clothes I wear: sneakers and jeans...a t-shirt, shorts...flip-flops.

I'm amused by all of this [and in a way saddened at the same time] because they are random, silly, small things. Yet sometimes it's the small things that matter most. Not that any part of me feels I need a different job because I can't roll up to the office in shorts and a polo [in a way I wonder why that is true...but the established business world is what it is and I can respect it]. But I guess the point of experiences is to learn and figure out what one does and does not like...so in a way it's like I'm just tracking my progress by these silly observations late at nite as I yet again skip out on sleep I should probably get.

I'll leave with this: ever notice how u can wake up really early on the weekend [in part because u're used to rising early during the week] and get up without being tired and struggling to climb out of bed like u do during the week? it's amazing how choosing to get up early can be such a different experience than having to get up early.

Good night.

No comments: