I find an intense boredom sets in at times, in various aspects of life. For example, work used to often entail periods of hours with nothing to do...but the past few weeks have changed all that and provided a plethora of stuff that needs to be done, keeping me busy throughout the day. Even with so much to keep me busy I find myself a bit bored at times, hence the taking a quick break to blog.
But the grander form of boredom comes in the land of daydreaming. I hope to never stop daydreaming. Personally, spending time daydreaming is a sign of youth; even though I've entered the adult or "real" world there's still a child inside me or that is a part of me. Yet I grow tired of daydreaming in the sense that I'm ready for some of those dreams (the ones that are actually capable of coming true) to come to fruition and to, in a sense, lead the life I want to be living.
Not to say I'm not doing so in many ways, but some of the daydreams grow old because they are yet to become reality and others are frankly just stale and repetitive. The remedy is to make some changes and also find some new things to ponder as the days go by and I spend time with my mind elsewhere. It's similar to the periods in life where I yearn for new music. And while there are some new "things" I could use in life, it's good to find contentment and even joy in the present because it's pretty awesome in its own right. Plus, the future holds what it may and I'm sure is full of changes, new daydreams, and lots of other silliness (which in my opinion should be spelled with a 'y').
I'm really craving the McDonald's that is scheduled for lunch...so I'm off to kill 15 minutes before heading out...
No comments:
Post a Comment