The combination of a lack of writing and the experience of other blogs...along with a bit of thinking over the past couple days and observing my silly facebook habits has resulted in a realization: When I did the most consistent writing in the place it was done with a purpose...it was really something I needed to do at that time in my life and it was a way of working and thinking thru various ideas, feelings, emotions, experiences...and so on.
But now is a different time and I find myself in a different place on many levels...that's why they say life is journey. And at this different place, it seems only appropriate to add some new direction(s) to this blog...I don't think it's time to abandon what came before as I know there will be a time and a need for such writing. But in between those posts, which are clearly more sporadic than previous times, I plan on just adding things I find interesting...be it articles, videos, songs, random funny links, pictures, and pretty much whatever. Hopefully I'll put a few things a day [I'd like to say 3 posts a day of various things of interest I come across...but I'm guessing sometimes it could be more and others it could be less.
Anywho...let's get to it...
**********
kanYe West was on vh1's Storytellers tonite. Definitely worth checking out. kanYe is an individual often the subject of criticism and controversy but you have to respect his ability to perform and entertain. He puts on a show like few others do or even can...what impresses the most is that he takes the opportunity of performing live to take the music beyond the simple recordings and builds on them in innovative and interesting ways. You can find 10 videos from the kanYe West Storytellers here. Look for it to be replayed in your local listings...and take the time to listen. Too bad they didn't air the full 3 hours or so that it actually ran...maybe they'll make all that content available.
Telling Stories
kanYe West was on vh1's Storytellers tonite. Definitely worth checking out. kanYe is an individual often the subject of criticism and controversy but you have to respect his ability to perform and entertain. He puts on a show like few others do or even can...what impresses the most is that he takes the opportunity of performing live to take the music beyond the simple recordings and builds on them in innovative and interesting ways. You can find 10 videos from the kanYe West Storytellers here. Look for it to be replayed in your local listings...and take the time to listen. Too bad they didn't air the full 3 hours or so that it actually ran...maybe they'll make all that content available.
No comments:
Post a Comment