I'm lying on the floor of my old apartment, surrounded by essentially nothing [my empty wardrobe, a small TV that isn't even mine, my DSL router and my wireless router which isn't working right now, my printer, and a lot of dust]. I'm in here because my phone and internet service won't get moved until Thursday and it just seemed right to close this place out with one last entry from here.
I moved here about one year and two months ago [I believe the exact date was August 25th]. Life is different in many ways since then and I'm happy to be where I am now. In the end I'd say every change has been for the better, even if it didn't always seem like it at the time. I spend a lot of time reflecting, thinking about past experiences but not living in the past. The past year taught me a lot and it seems like now I have a better picture of where I want to be another year from now [if not less than that]. The most important thing is to learn from our experiences, if you can then they are worth the time and effort that went into them.
Back to the moving topic, I've always hated moving. I hate seeing an apartment that used to be full of things and memories emptied out. I hate moving into a new place with everything a mess and with no ties to it. I guess the good thing about this short move is that I felt at home still [due to obvious similarities in appearance, etc.] and I was able to move things and put them in an appropriate place while doing so. I'm geeked about the new place and can't wait to get a bed tomorrow [assuming Josie doesn't flake on me]. Still a few things to figure out [mostly involving when to get a new TV, what to do about the lack of a cable jack in the bedroom, and how to set up my internet based on where my desk is and the phone jack locations]. It's nice having such a different experience moving.
I think my next move will be a much more significant one in terms of distance and what it means in what's going on with my life and I look forward to seeing where I get to go next. Like I said, the last year and something involved a ton of change and a lot of learning. I feel like I'm starting to really get my head into work more and moving forward in the learning curve [altho I still have a lot to learn and a lot to get better at]. I'm also learning from past relationships and really enjoying dating someone and just getting to know someone new and really cool. The one area I could work on is developing more friendships down here in LA but I think that mattered received some attention in previous posts.
I dunno what more to say really. I look back at this now empty place and think about everything that happened since moving down here and all I know is I'm happy to be where I am now, knowing all I do and everyone I do. For a while I was stuck in the past in some ways, holding on to something that had long been gone [probably longer than I realized]. Now I'm really in the present and looking forward and back to being foolish ass, generally worry free, silly, dorky Lou...and I have been for the past couple months. I guess seeing it's been that way for a couple months and seeing the feeling persist combined with getting into a new place/space...it's just really something that's hitting me in a revelatory fashion.
Well, my back is hurting from sitting/lying on the floor in here and I've got to put some stuff away in the new pad. But I do hope to continue blogging frequently once I get all moved into the new digs...house warming party anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment