a preemptive attempt…
So, my internet isn’t working yet so I’m “blogging” by writing in Word and I’ll just paste it to the blog tomorrow [hopefully], but I’m finally all moved into the new apartment. I finally emptied out the last few remnants in the old place and spent tonite cleaning it out [always fun]. As I finished up vacuuming and turned to lock the door to
It’s more than just the feeling of an empty space, barren after being so full of things and life. A while back I wrote about chapters closing in life and saying goodbye to that apartment is the closing of another chapter in life or really the last sentence in the chapter that closed a while back.
I guess I felt more at home in that little space than I realized…that’s what really makes is sad to close the door and lock it knowing I will probably never go in there again. I mean that in a literal sense, not a metaphorical one. As comfortable as I feel in my new surroundings, I still need to organize and get a few things and I’m just yet to make this space my own completely. A part of me also feels I will only be here 9 months…with such a defined amount of time I think a part of me is tempted to never grow as attached and comfortable as I could. But 9 months is a long time [someone I know would say you could make a baby in that time…but that’s not what I’m hoping for…] and I’m sure I will soon feel truly settled here [maybe once I get that new TV I desperately crave]. And then the day to move will come again and I’m sure I’ll feel the same way again.
I think it’s a sign of how, at first, change isn’t always welcome or comfortable. At the same time change tends to bring many good things…like all the changes of the past handful or so of months have led to where I am right now, a really good place. There’s just an adjustment period. What’s really funny is how certain changes can almost go unnoticed. For example, when u make a great new friend, come across a new love interest, or even get a new coworker your life can change by the role this new individual plays in your life. But it’s easy to not think of life as changing, it’s normal to not feel the hesitancy towards change that can be felt, for example, in the opposite types of situation [i.e., where someone leaves your life].
Anyway, I’m stinking tired after waking up early to finish an assignment for work that didn’t get done because we got box seats to the Lakers season opening game last nite. All I have to say: that was an amazing experience, probably the best sporting experience so far in my life [aside from ending up on the front page of the sports section of an Indiana newspaper, pictured asleep during a Meeeeeeeeeeeechigan rout of Indiana back when I was a little kid]. Box seats are amazing…I doubt if I’ll ever have such an awesome opportunity again…but if you ever do be sure to take it!
1 comment:
YAY for box seats!
Post a Comment