Monday, January 14, 2008

settled.

This past weekend I trekked all the way out to Covina (about 30 miles away) to pick up the dresser that matches my bed and bedside table from IKEA. It's funny to think that buying this silly piece of furniture due to my need to have matching furniture is what has finally allowed me to feel settled in my newish digs. i'm sure it seems silly but I've got all the furniture in order, even if I still need to get rid of one big thing taking up space unnecessarily.

It's more than just the furniture but it was like a missing piece. I feel at home here, something I didn't really feel just 30 feet down the hall. It was such a small place and one that I always knew was not permanent in any way. At least that how I always felt about it.

I'm not sure how long I'll be in this space. But I love this space and I know I'm hear for now. I'm looking forward to whatever is next but I'm taking the time to really enjoy the present and focus on the now. I'm enjoying this space to the full extent that I can and just trying to take a positive approach to each day, even if there are things about being here that are difficult. It's still a wonderful time and a pretty sweet place too.

The nicest thing about feeling settled here is that it adds a calmness to life. I can come home and just escape everything for a bit and really relax. When you don't feel settled, a place doesn't feel like home. An extend time like that for some reason takes a toll on an individual. So while Los Angeles may not feel like the long term place for me and while it is missing the people I care most about, at the least there is this small space I can come back to everyday and feel truly comfortable and at peace, even if the rest of life doesn't feel quite like that.

Anyone want to come visit?

No comments: