Tuesday, May 6, 2008

weekend recap and a game of tag...

highlights from the weekend in the Bay...
  • virgin america
  • walking most of the way to where i was going
  • the funky smell of muni
  • the PDA couple at Bocce Cafe
  • do u like laundry?
  • touching the pole
  • an inability to find good food
  • a day up at Tiburon
  • Sam's
  • "Barack and Roll"
  • Los: "Johnny Drama is my hero."
  • Los' excitement at the dance mix of "Since You've Been Gone"
  • rolling deep
  • rolling with more than half of the Paulus crew
  • Darude - "Sandstorm"
  • all the craziness of the nite out
  • text messaging City Wide Dispatch
  • the Finnish dood mugging on Los
  • French Toast
  • flipping into the bushes
  • brunching up at 2pm
  • Squatting and Gobbling
  • and all the other laughs, jokes, and good times from celebrating PWT's birfday
a few pics from the weekend on the flickr thanks to the Little Wilson-Tobin.

____________________

so my brother tagged me, thus making me (and four others "it"). from his blog...

The rules of this game of tag:

1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

This is Your Brain on Music, Daniel J. Levitin

"Not all keys fit all locks; there are certain locks (receptors) that are designed to accept only certain neurotransmitters.

Generally, neurotransmitters cause the receiving neuron to fire of prevent it from firing. The neurotransmitters are then absorbed through a process called reuptake; without reuptake, the neurotransmitters would continue to stimulate or inhibit the firing of a neuron."

Makes me sound pretty nerdy. Good book, need to finish the last 20 pages or so still tho...eeks. It's funny, of all the stuff in the book, that is a portion I remember learning about at UCLA as a psych major. Sometimes I think back on how much I enjoyed psychology and how I was able to wrap my head around it and understand it at times...how it still is of interest to me. Makes one wonder and think about the different options and paths that existed at different times in life. Some people don't live with regret and I try not to for the most part. It's not that I regret the choices I've made...but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do some things differently. A good friend and I have often discussed how things would have been different if we could go back in time with the knowledge we have now...and how we would rock out. In all seriousness, some things I would do differently not because I regret the decisions I've made but because those decisions taught valuable lessons and now I know things I didn't before...

Back to the game...

I herebey tag: Peter, Swiyyah, Lisa, Sperry, and...i don't know if this breaks the rules [altho in my defense it is not one of the enumerated rules] but I tag my brother back [sorry Nick, u are the fifth and final person I know of with a blog that is still up and running].


____________________

In other things...all I have to say for now is that life has been a little chaotic and messy of late. I feel it stems from some of the mess(es) around my house and I look forward to the weekend of cleaning house and organizing. It's definitely time to get some of my routines back in order (like going to the gym after a bad week, cleaning up around the house, and so on). Hopefully getting back to the old will lead to something new...cuz it's time for some changing.

No comments: