The past year involved a lot of change with the most obvious example being moving from Los Angeles back to San Francisco. But even before that there was a lot of changing brewing. Some of it for the worse: I came to see that my disgruntlement with my situation in Los Angeles was effecting who I was as a person. I think there's still some room to grow up in some ways on this stuff too.
The year also involved some changes in close friendships...which I guess is part of what happens with friendships over time. It's not always easy and some of the bumps along the road comprised the more difficult aspects of this past year. Yet at the same time, some friendships changed and grew for the better.
I think this brief amount of reflecting shows how the year came with highs and lows, which I'm sure it true for most. My approach is to just learn what I can from the experiences and be thankful for them because our experiences shape us into who we each are as people. I can't say I'd be where I am today in life without both the good and the bad experiences and events to date...but obviously the positives outweighing the negatives is the hope and ideal.
Anyway, 2009 was a year in which I think I began to learn and understand many things. At the same time 2009 unearthed many questions that still need answers and shows that there is room for growth and improvement. And I think that will always be true in life. In the end, each new year's resolutions are about answering some of life's questions and growing and improving as much as one can. After listing some broader goals for myself at the end of 2008, I think I'll try to start 2010 off with a short list of goals that are somewhat more narrower but not necessarily as specific as traditional New Year's Resolutions...
- continue to spend as much time with family and friends, enjoying their company and learning from them
- develop my love for food...in terms of cooking more and also finding a better balance in what i eat
- slow down [this likely makes sense to no one]
No comments:
Post a Comment