Friday, July 4, 2008

change clothes

After hurrying to my car yesterday afternoon, I performed a quick wardrobe change...not wanting to head to the airport and fly up to the City in my work apparel [don't get me wrong, I look fly in such clothing...I make a suit look good]. I drove down through the parking structure located about 2 blocks from office and as I pulled out on to 8th street I could help but notice how different I felt. It wasn't just a matter of being outside the office but much more a matter of having a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers on.

So comfortable in such "casual" apparel, I found myself renewed with energy and enthusiasm...it was as if I ditched my normal person clothing and put on my superhero outfit and could conquer all in it. It's one of the things that prompts questions in me about how well suited (no pun intended...ha!) I am to this professional world I chose to enter...or more stumble into in part out of concern for security in life.

Yet in pondering such topics, I continue to feel there is a place for me in this world I've become apart of and it is simply a matter of finding my own path to that idyllic place. Either way, I love rocking a t-shirt and jeans...and at the end of the day the feeling of comfort associated with such an outfit is all the better after wearing something more business oriented 5 days of the week.

2 side notes:
  1. the above is a pic of my favorite t-shirt...BAPE (expensive as it may be) is awesome. but it was no the t-shirt i changed into...
  2. no post yesterday as the internet i used to borrow while crashing at my friend's place here in the City is now password protected and thus inaccesible. doh. but, the attempt to post daily continues.

No comments: