
I did not buy a new car, tho I did test drive a couple of Mini Coopers today...and they were a lot of fun to drive and I want one, badly. That just seemed like a fun title, something reminiscent of days spent watching the Price is Right as a child at daycare.
I find myself thinking back to earlier times in life more than usual these days...with no good reason. It's just a matter of simple reminders. For example, the intense heat of Los Angeles of late (which was only tempered ever so briefly..tho it remained quite humid...but the nites finally are coming with a certain cooling) has prompted me to take cool showers which take me back to warm summer days back home in Ann Arbor...after running around in the humidity and heat there was nothing one could do to cool off and find relief aside from cool off in the shower.
Other things take me back as well, funny things that escape me right now. It's funny to me to think about how we all grow, evolve, and change...for I'm sure many of us feel we continue on as the same individual we've always been (tho many of us all know and believe we've change). In talking with a good friend the other day she told me about her early college years, well before I knew her. In some ways she sounded so different than the person I know, which I pointed out and she felt she wasn't so different.
I feel I'm still the same dorky, foolish kid I was years ago in high school. I wonder if those who knew me than and continue to know me now would agree. We all grow and undergo certain amounts of change...yet we also remain the same and all have defining characteristics that make us the individuals we are...I'm sure you could ask anyone's family and/or lifelong friends and they would point out the ways in which person X was the same as a child as they are now.
It's likely impossible to know everything about a person...obviously we all have our secrets but beyond that we all are individuals of various layers and sides and we display different aspects of ourselves to different people, in part because the various circumstances in which we interact with others prompt different reactions. It's interesting and in some ways terrifying...but also very rewarding to get to know people better and also to trust in people when you don't know all about them.
Anywho...I want a Mini Cooper.
No comments:
Post a Comment