Tuesday, September 11, 2007

damn!

Yes, I've used that image before but it's worthy of duplication [as is the font color...haha].

Query: what other artist [or band] has put out 3 stellar albums in a row, from the jumpoff? I've loved all 3 Ye albums and while I know there are many who may disagree [it's not my fault if you have poor taste in music, I feel sorry for you] he has put out 3 quality albums to start his career. I think most reviews will back up my opinion [while I'd prolly go a step further than most review in my personal enjoyment of his music]. But the simple fact that he keeps coming with it and coming correct...the level of music over time, expanding his sound while also staying true to himself...it amazes me.

ppl usually go wrong and start making wack isht, at least for a bit. this is especially true when they attempt to expand or grow as an artist. but the College Dropout was a real departure from all the "hip-hop" of the time. and with Late Registration anew sound emerged. as for Graduation, it too is it's own entity and a unique sound yet also familiar.

on top of bringing such quality music of his own and being able to create a unique sound each time around [while maintaining traditional and important aspects that make him who he is], think about how much production he does for other artists. if u look at the big picture, all the music he gets his hands on beyond his own personal stuff...i think it's pretty amazing what he's done with these 3 albums.

anyway, i like kanYe's music a lot, in case u couldn't tell.

No comments: