As I sat at my desk a couple weeks ago Deefs hit me up on the gchat with an awesome random comment. He simply said, "dude, the only thing that allows me to continue feeling epic right now is trance." This was during his first week back after spending a month in Scotland, a place near and dear to his heart. I dunno how many people get what he was talking about, but I did right away.
I probably couldn't describe feeling epic. I kinda did in a post a while back about feeling glorious. It's just feeling exactly what it sounds like: epic - larger than life, amazing, on top of it all. It's a great feeling...and sadly, as Deefs pointed out, hard to maintain [especially after something like a month in Scotland for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival]. As with Deefs, music is something that often provides that feeling. Last nite I went for a run and that definitely made me feel epic [it's nice when working out makes u feel spectacular as opposed to worn out]. But it's definitely something to strive for and more importantly to enjoy when it happens.
Life is full of all kinds of moments. Sometimes it's just really stinking hard. But through the difficult experiences I've faced [which I make no claim have been the most difficult], in the end each one taught me something important and helped me develop into the person I am now. The epic moments allow u to see that, in spite of anything bad that happens, good times will come too. They're both a necessary part of life...I honestly believe one wouldn't be what it is without the other...
No comments:
Post a Comment