Sunday, May 10, 2009

two in a row...

I'm in the midst of a run of many weekends of travel and plans that started out last week with a trip to the City...and was followed by a trip to the City this past weekend. The main reason behind this trip was to get in some time with my brother, who is in SF for the week. As with all the trips, it was a good time full of great company and many laughs. The usual highlights below, followed by some thoughts sparked by events of last weekend and talks of this past one...

  • no delays
  • the girl who changed her entire outfit in the shuttle, while sitting right next to me
  • a surprisingly solid burger from the Metro Caffe
  • "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeyit."
  • a little old skoll Entourage "You'll never work again!!!"
  • trying to find the magical bar on Geary
  • Ruby Skye VIP style
  • Peterade
  • walking out the door to amazing weather and the perfect start to a great day
  • dim sum
  • lots and lots of walking...and some window shopping [and some actual shopping]
  • the mailman shirt
  • a slice from Blondie's
  • realizing it would be cooler to watch hoops at a bar, as opposed to watching NBATV with no sound in the Bloomingdale's Men's Lounge
  • tapas and sangria ["tapath and thangria"]
  • "moosepaw"
  • sparks up!
  • catching up with my brother
  • the Johnny Drama of the party
  • blow the whistle...do doo doo do!!!
  • sneakin' out [but getting caught]
  • bootie mashup!
  • the chocolate on Ed's shoulder
  • the doods with their shirts off
  • 3 separate departures
  • brunch
  • man date: move and SFMOMA
  • sf burrito
  • a ride to the airport from Los [thanks, bru.]
  • getting to see the people i missed out on last weekend
  • lots of good laughs
  • quality time with friends and family
**********

I have previously written about my chameleon like nature...probably some time ago. I think that one of the side effects of such a nature is sometimes losing a hold on one's own identity in some ways. It's easy to see the different person one can be in different settings...and then wonder just who u really are at the end of the day [something I know others have wondered at times]...and more importantly in some ways whether anyone else knows who u really are.

Yet at the same time, sometimes u see the identity from those who do know u the best...and sometimes u don't like what u see. Personally, feeling misunderstand has long been correlated with my goofy sense of life. In many ways it's something I've grown accustomed to, but while I'd like to think it doesn't matter...it's still something that is meaningful. It's all the more meaningful when u feel those u are closest to don't understand don't understand.

As for recent events, what I'm coming to realize is that it's time for some change. Obviously, something easier said that done. It's difficult to really figure out where and how to begin. But I do know that some of the circumstances of life do play a role in things (e.g., living in one place and looking to get to another can make a person somewhat sour at times). It's easy to get trapped, thinking it's all too much. But all one can do is take one step and then another...

Once again it's time for change, or more accurately, growth. In finding a general sense of happiness and also comfort with the circumstances of life, it has become easy to get complacent. At the outset of this blog, I was in need of growth and certain change...I had a sense of focus and purpose. I think that was reflected in the writing I did at the time. Now I see that with time I've become a bit less than what I would like to be with myself. It is important to continue to strive for growth and to know that we can all make our improvements. Yet there is also a need to balance that with a sense of understanding of who you are as an individual and acceptance of that for all the good that it is...

No comments: