I feel like writing but I just don't know about what. I did squat-diddly this weekend and it was marvelous. =] I did get it twice and shoot some film, something that brings me great joy. There's a purity to film [vs. digital], a purity I think many don't understand. Hearing the sound of the shutter on my old SLR is one aspect of it: the sound takes me back and is also something extremely familiar...something that just brings happiness to my life.
The one part of film I really, really miss out on is time in the darkroom, developing the film and then printing the pics [spending countless hours trying to get a decent print out of a crappy negative since I'm technically an idiot when it comes to photography].
The thing I feel but don't really know what to write is a sense of creativity, at least I think it is. =/ Going for a couple of walks and just shooting some film [even if I'm sure the results won't be spectacular] is part of getting back to me that I wrote about. I feel it, even if it's just momentary. Like I said earlier, it's those seemingly fleeting moments that truly define life.
It's nice to be getting it back. And it was really funny to do a lil breakin on an overpass over the 134 the other nite as I rocked out to my mp3 player while experimenting [once again] with nite photogrpahy. We'll see how things turn out but I'm hoping for the best. The last time I goofed around with my camera at nite was freshman year of college and a couple of my favorite pics came from then...once I get some stuff developed I'll put things up on the flickr and shout it out. Time to finally go thru that pile of mail I've amassed...
No comments:
Post a Comment