
So I got an email today that was a little strange. It was an email about resetting the password for my xanga, strange because I never had any password problems. I'm assuming someone tried to get my password or hack my site or something. It's crazy what people do on the internet these days. I'm no internet tech savvy individual so I don't really know what the deal is but I'm glad the email came directly to me. It's scary tho and reminds one of those stories about that girl who was Miss So and So and then all this drama started when ppl found her pics online that she intended to be private. There's not much privacy on the internet in the end, ppl can break into everything. It's disconcerting because I've actually written a lot privately as of late. And the other weird thing is that xanga's been asking for my password a lot more often than it usually does lately. Uh-oh. =/
You hear about how people take advantage of myspace and other things like that and it just makes you want to not be on the internet at all [yet I'm here on multiple blogs...all open to the public and both my myspace and friendster are open to the public as well]. People are just trying to have fun online, network, etc. but you hear about how adults use myspace to pick up children. It's terrible. Then again if you ran away from everything scary what would u really do? Altho I'd be worried about my kids being on the myspace. =/
As for the blogs, there's something liberating about being really open or at least open in some ways in a public forum, baring all and sharing. At the same time only certain things belong out in public or even in a protected setting with limited viewers. In the end I try to limit what I put out there and I'm beginning to rethink even my private journalesque posts on xanga. As for the myspace and friendster and facebook...well I'm just pretty foolish on those website. =]
Time to make some dinner. But be careful internet goers! [haha...i'm super duper lame!]
_______________________________________
This is strange only due to the timing but my gmail account has been undergoing "maintenance" for the last few hours and I can't even log in. I'm sure it really is maintenance but I'm a bit paranoid about it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Let's go back in time, things were simpler and in many ways better. =p
No comments:
Post a Comment