
guess what?
I'm in San Francisco, again. Hehe. =]
A buddy and I just randomly decided to come up here while we were hanging out during happy hour on Thursday. I went home and booked my ticket and got up here last nite. Pretty random [and expensive] thing to do but totally worth it, even if my closest friend here actually flew back home to Ann Arbor last nite and won't be around all weekend. It's funny because people are pretty busy but I'm managing to get some good plans going with some of my closest friends. It's always great to see the people you care about, especially when some of them aren't as close by as you'd like.
Coming back into the City last nite from the Oakland Airport [with some major remodeling going on up in the piece out there] was exhilarating, just like every trip back up here. In some ways it was different and better and more freeing than others and just makes me want to move back here. For now I'm in LA...the job just started and I'm planning on putting in some good time there before moving on because there's no point to something short term and I know I won't really find a better opportunity right now [not that I'm even looking]. But the love for the City really got reignited last nite. I'm just going to see where life takes me over the next couple of years and if the circumstances are right, I could definitely end up back here.
Also, last nite was a TON of fun, hanging out with some of my favorite people sharing stories, laughs, and just general stupidity. Aside from the support I've received from friends lately I'm thankful that I know people who are so fun to be around and just get me, my sense of humor, and make me laugh.
___________________________________________________
Unfortunately not everything in life is great. I don't want to go into detail because honestly it's rather private and personal but the past few days involved some surprises from people and some really negative words/actions.
I feel completely misunderstood by some people [mostly people who do not know me at all] and at times that is difficult to deal with. But I know the people who actually know me and truly care about me do understand me, they support me, and they're honest with me. I can tell them any and everything. Most importantly, I know myself.
Finally, it's not our place to judge anyone. I know I don't go to church nearly often enough but I work on my faith a lot in my personal time. I still need to get a Bible but one thing I have learned: we are human and as such we are flawed. As someone who is not perfect, who am I to judge anyone else for their shortcomings or mistakes? On top of that, how could I even hold a mistake against someone when I've made that same mistake?
I just don't get why some people need to make other people feel bad about themselves. __________________________________________________
I'm looking forward to dinner with a good friend tonite who I haven't actually hung out with in a couple of years. Hopefully I'll get to spend some more quality time with others tonite too. Then brunch tomorrow and a return to Los Angeles. I'll see you when I get back.
No comments:
Post a Comment