Monday, July 9, 2007

thoughts on the first day

I'm not sure where to begin but my first day went really well I think. The first half of the day involved meeting people, getting a tour, dealing with all kinds of paperwork, and the like. Insurance forms and 401k stuff is pretty intense and overwhelming. Dealing with time sheets is a new experience and an interesting one. I got taken out for lunch by all the associates as a welcome which was a lot of fun. After that my first assignment was resting on my desk when I got back and I met with the partner who assigned it and got to work. It's weird using my brain again but it's also exciting and exhilarating.

I ended up bringing work home because my assignment is due tomorrow and I felt I'd work more effectively after a little break. I'm also a little paranoid and don't want to push it off much. I know working is going to be a grind at times and really challenging but it's a good feeling. It's really rewarding and I'm looking forward to the challenge and learning [something I'm sure I'll do a lot of especially over the coming months]. It's also nice to be in a good work environment with friendly people. It seems like there's a camaraderie amongst the associates and I hope to fit in well.

I just wanted to write a few words and let everyone know how it went today. It's pretty crazy and some of the outside circumstances aren't how I expected or wanted them to be, but I really think this is a big positive step in life. I know there are still some hard times ahead [and not just with work stuff] but all you can do is stay up as much as possible and take the time feeling what you do when you need to, right?

No comments: