As for other stuff, I wanted to work on this motion I got assigned today but after a long talk on the phone and then a late dinner and some time writing at Starbucks again I'm just too tired. =/ Thinking about calling it an early nite [at least in terms of shutting it down and just watching Stevie the Tevie] and actually waking up when my first alarm goes off so I can get in a little earlier and work hard early.
But still, that moment amazes me...even just listening to the song at home takes me back to it...=]
lyrics: [and please, please go out and listen to this song...if u haven't already heard it]
All this feels strange and untrue
And I won't waste a minute without you
My bones ache my skin feels cold
And I'm getting so tired and so old
The anger swells in my guts
And I won't feel these slices and cuts
I want so much to open your eyes
Cause I need you to look into mine
Tell me that you'll open you eyes [x4]
Get up get out get away from these liars
Cause they don't get your soul or your fire
[Cause they don't see what I see in you]
Take my hand knot your fingers through mine
And we'll walk from this dark room for the last time
Every minute from this minute now
We can do what we like anywhere
I want so much to open your eyes
Cause I need you to look into mine
Tell me that you'll open your eyes [x a bunch]
All this feels strange and untrue
And I won't waste a minute without you
- Snow Patrol, Open Your Eyes
____________________________________
A couple of notes on this wonderful song:
- the lyrics bracketed above [Cause they don't see what I see in you] do not actually appear in the song but are in the liner notes where the lyrics are contained. part of why i included them is because of their personal significance when it comes to this song. i also feel their presence in the liner notes adds to the song in a way, even if they go unsung
- the "bridge" of the song [if it's appropriate to call it that] really rocks my world...no lyrics, just pure music that lifts me to a higher plane
No comments:
Post a Comment