______________________________________
One thing I remembered from earlier is stuff relating to music. I spent a little bit of time in the Virgin Megastore up in SF [a place I always enjoyed wasting time in altho rarely bought stuff from...overpriced] hoping to find one of the CDs I bought recently at a listening station so I could listen to a song and just enjoy the way that specific song makes me feel. Alas, twas not to be. But I did come across a few trance compilation albums that had some good songs on them.
Stumbling across some new music came at a good time: I felt pretty neglectful about music lately. I guess with the business or work and trying to prep to start working and also just needing to organize a bunch of music...I fell back a bit. As a step back in the right direction here are some lyrics [I haven't posted lyrics in a while]. I really love this song, beyond the lyrics for it's aesthetics as well James Morrison's soulful voice on the track...
in my life i don't mean much to anyone
i've lost my way can't go back anymore
once i had everything now it's gone
don't tell me again coz i've heard it all before
some people say that i'm not worth it
i've made mistakes but nobody's perfect
guess i'll give it a try
i've got one last chance to get myself together
i can't lose no more time it's not or never and i try to remember who i used to be
i've got one last chance to get myself together
the time has come for me to change again
i can't carry on like this, i will lose my friends
don't say that you have given up on me
just give me the time and space to heal my head
i don't want to be misunderstood
i've got to take this chance and make it into something good
i've lost my way can't go back anymore
once i had everything now it's gone
don't tell me again coz i've heard it all before
some people say that i'm not worth it
i've made mistakes but nobody's perfect
guess i'll give it a try
i've got one last chance to get myself together
i can't lose no more time it's not or never and i try to remember who i used to be
i've got one last chance to get myself together
the time has come for me to change again
i can't carry on like this, i will lose my friends
don't say that you have given up on me
just give me the time and space to heal my head
i don't want to be misunderstood
i've got to take this chance and make it into something good
I didn't put the chorus repeats, just copied it right out of the liner notes. =/ I absolutely love that song. I recommend everyone find it and listen to it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the next single released [in fact I think it was recently released in the UK as a single].
Part of the appeal of the song is how I can relate to it, but beyond that the "i've made mistakes but nobody's perfect" line resonates in a more general sense and gets back to something from a couple posts back. I know I've made more than my fair share of errors in life. But we're supposed to mess up. It's how you learn and grow. Everyone is capable of learning from their mistakes and growing. Things happen in a context as well and beyond that you can hear about something someone did wrong but you always hear one side and the dynamic between any 2 individuals is something no one outside of them can understand. These are all some of the reasons I do my best not to judge anyone based on the things I hear or even things that happen between myself and others.
Well, I'm getting sleepy again [already had nap time earlier tonite] from such a full weekend. G'nite!
No comments:
Post a Comment