It's nice to get home after a trip. I always enjoy coming back and the comforts of home. The trip was a lot of fun, a great way to celebrate the first week of work. A lot of people talk about how they work hard and play hard. Sometimes I feel that's a bit cliche [not that I'm hating on anyone who lives by that motto if that's what you call it]. I guess I'd just feel funny saying that's what how I try to live.
I just try to do me. That's how I'd put it. I don't know if anyone's ever heard that phrase before or if anyone reading this understands it but yea. I just try to be who I am and do what I do. It's not like a conscious thing of having some motto to live by but rather I just go about doing what comes naturally. I doubt I'm explaining this well. Oh well...=/
I really miss San Francisco. Seeing some old places, my good friends, going to familiar and new places...it's a great city and I can't wait til the next time I head north.
_____________________________________________________
Weekend highlights:
- great convo, laughs, anecdotes Friday nite with some good and hilarious friends
- nap time
- eating at some old favorite restaurants and just enjoying the food again
- spending some time with an old friend in person, as opposed to just chatting online
- getting asked "Do you have any STDs?" and the physical 'beating' I took on the dance floor
- brunch with quality friends today
- "I got plans"...hahahahahahaha
As for the negativity I wrote about in my last post, it's still on my mind at times. It's hard but it's part of life. Things sometimes change, people change. It's a situation that I don't like and I wouldn't choose for things to be this way. I tried my best and gave all I had [which I'm sure some people don't know or understand], possibly trying too hard at times. My efforts came from a good place. But I can't dwell on it and all I can do is be true to myself and think and feel what I do, independent of others' opinions, words, actions.
_____________________________________________________
I feel like I wanted to write about some other stuff but it escapes me now. Maybe there'll be more posting later tonite...
No comments:
Post a Comment